Sunday, May 16, 2010

What Is Wrong With Country Music?



Over the past few years I have heard a lot about how people hate country music. I have even heard people say that they like all kinds of music except county music. Yet, whenever someone has to explain why they don't like it, their answers aren't very concrete. I, for one, think country music is great.

I'll be the first to admit that I used to be in the same boat as a lot of people. I didn't really like country music for some reason, and I guess I never really knew why. But lately I have been listening to more country music and I kind of like it. They are catchy tunes and have meaningful lyrics. Sure it doesn't sound like most of the mainstream stuff on the radio, but that doesn't make it bad. Some of the greatest artists of our generation are country musicians such as: Carrie Underwood, don't laugh because you secretly enjoy her music you're just afraid to admit it, and Toby Keith to name a couple. Along with Carrie Underwood, some other country musicians have managed to get their songs on the mainstream radio stations. The one that comes to mind right away is the group Lady Antebellum with their song "Need You Now". That is a great song in my opinion and shows just how good country music can be.

So next time you turn on your radio to listen to Gangsta Chick Part Three, think about changing the station to country. You never know, you could be surprised and actually like what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment