Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fantasy Baseball



So, if you didn't know already, I am a big fantasy sports fan. I loved fantasy football in the fall, I loved fantasy basketball in the winter, and now I love fantasy baseball. At first glance you may think it sounds kind of dumb. Especially if you think baseball is a boring sport, so if you are doing fantasy baseball, which is simply in-depth baseball, you will like it even less. But for those of you who actually enjoy the awesome sport of baseball, give fantasy baseball a shot.

It is a lot of fun to play, because, throughout the course of the season, you have to check up on your team and make sure you have the best team you are able to get. I especially like doing different trades, picking up a no name who ends up being your best player, and seeing who are the big busts of the year. This may come across as nerdy to a lot of people, but, for me, I think this is very exciting. Right now I am really disappointed in the play of my first baseman, Carlos Pena. He has started off really slow and is kind of hurting me right now. But I have to hope that he turns it around because he is a main part of my team.

This is the kind of thinking that I like to do in fantasy baseball and makes it very enjoyable. Now all I need is for Carlos Pena to start hitting like he was supposed to so I can win as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment