Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life At Wrigley Field


So last weekend I took a trip to Chicago with my dad to watch a Cubs game. They were playing the Diamondbacks. I was very excited because I don't get to see that many Cubs' games live. And this time the trip, like always, didn't disappoint.

I am a huge baseball fan, and I love to watch games on television every chance I get. A lot of people say that baseball is boring to watch, but I guess you just have to be dedicated to the sport if you are going to watch every pitch of a nine-inning game. Sure I love to watch games on TV, but nothing compares to actually being there.

Usually when we go to the Cubs' games we take the L, a subway train that takes us from downtown Chicago to Wrigley Field. But, this time, we were running late. We arrived at our hotel at a quarter to twelve. Game time was at twelve. So we figured, "O well, we will just miss the first innng or so." Then something amazing happens; we got, perhaps, the fastest cab driver to ever walk the earth. When we got in the cab, it was five 'till. Usually it is a thirty minute drive from the hotel. But the driver, who we told that we will probably be late to the game, drove like the cops were on his tail. He made some illegal turns, did some supposed street racing, and got us to Wrigley in a whopping fifteen minutes! But this was just the start of a very interesting day at Wrigley.

Most of the time when we go to Cubs' games, our family sits in the right field bleachers. They are general admission seats and are very fun to sit in. But, this time, we changed it up. We actually got really good seats about ten rows up from the field, and we were behind home plate. But, more interesting than our seat change were the people around us, who I wished would have changed seats. Behind us was a fat, drunk Blackhawk/Cubs fan. He would yell sayings like, "Sammy the Sprinkler", which didn't make much sense. Some of his sayings were sort of funny, but the problem was that he said them a million times. He also said, "Cut his head off" whenever an umpire had a questionable call that didn't go in the Cubs favor. We also sat behind a drunk, 20-year-old who frequently called Wrigley Field, Chicago Field. Really man? How can you call yourself a Cubs fan, and not know the name of the stadium? But that wasn't all. Next to this bozo was a girl who, instead of pulling her hair back into a ponytail like regular people, decided to just let it all hang out. And what did it end up hanging out into? My soda that I refused to finish because Hair Dew is not one of my favorite sodas.

But, besides this crazy fans, the game was a blast. The Cubs won and we had great seats. From now on I definately want to sit in those seats everytime, and I can't wait until my next trip to Wrigley Field.

"Above: Wrigley Field, http://kaybee.mlblogs.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment